Why choose us?
- “Our family taking care of yours”
- Skilled, seasoned staff
- Clean, fresh environment
- Tasty, nutritious meals
- Family-owned corporation
- Smoke-free campus
Communication to patient’s family. Friendliness of the entire staff. They each present a caring, almost family like concern and regard for my mother. The activity director at this facility is outstanding and makes each resident feel special and validated.
– Family Member
Our friendly, professional staff exhibits hospitality and warmth from the moment you walk in the front door and are greeted by our administrative assistant with a kind smile and any needed assistance.
Who We Are
Our goal is to the highest quality level of short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, which is achieved through professional nursing and rehabilitative therapies.
We focus on utilizing a multidisciplinarian approach toward care. All our team members are committed to the same philosophy of providing excellent care through building relationships with our community members and their families, and addressing any needs as they occur. We believe that caring about people is as important as caring for them. Our community members are our highest priority and it is within our mission statement to enrich their lives to the best capacity available and to pursue excellence through our holistic approach, providing spiritual and rehabilitative support with proven techniques that contribute to the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of those entrusted to our care.
We understand that individual choices and lifestyles are important to everyone – regardless of where they live. With that in mind, our unique culture-change dynamics of person-directed care to nursing makes it possible for our staff to work with each resident and their family to make informed decisions about personal daily routines, based on individual choices. Our tobacco free community accommodates 146 members who need skilled and rehabilitative care. Each of our three neighborhood teams are expertly trained to embrace the importance of independence, choice, dignity, and quality of life.
Our facility is divided into three neighborhoods: Dogwood Terrace, Azalea Avenue, and Magnolia Way. We offer semi-private rooms as well as private rooms which are spacious enough to accommodate the necessities of our neighborhood residents, making their rooms as home-like as possible. Each room has a 26-inch flat screen television, with basic cable provided at no cost to them or their families as one of our basic provided services.
Just off Interstate 26 in the scenic Midlands of South Carolina lies the city of Newberry, one of South Carolina’s cultural and historic treasures. Newberry, founded in 1789, is a town rich in history with its antebellum mansions and tree-lined streets, and it is known for its rural beauty and small town charm. Newberry’s thriving downtown boasts an array of unique shops and restaurants, an historic opera house, a newly-renovated meeting center and events venue, and one of the southeast’s finest private colleges.
Newberry is located midway between Columbia, the state capital, and Greenville, South Carolina’s cultural and economic hub.
- 24-hour individualized nursing care
- Licensed therapy: Physical, Occupational, Speech
- Licensed Administrator
- Activities and specialized programs
- Medical director; physician services
- Registered dietician consultant
- Medical social workers
- Pharmacy consultant services
- Dental services
- Podiatry services
- Opthamology services
- Mobile digital imaging
- Religious services
- Beauty and barber services
- Volunteer services
- Resident council
- Extensive library and media center, including gaming centers based on adaptive needs, portable television and DVD player for in-room needs
- Library services off site, such as CD’s on tape for those with visual impairment other special adaptive services provided by activities, such as hearing amplification devices and large print, and magnification devices
- Personal laundry services
- Van transportation
Our community has a front porch equipped with rockers and attractive landscaping, a front dining room used for the large group scheduled activities, in addition to our fine dining program called the Calla Lily Cafe, large screen television, piano, beauty salon for professional stylists, and even family members who prefer to personally style their loved ones’ hair, a dayroom in the Magnolia Way neighborhood equipped with large screen TV for basic programs, movies, and even exercise class.
The Activity Room is equipped with a complete library, media center, and game room, including the Wii gaming system, with games such as bowling and fishing, as well as the ability to book the activity room free of charge for special family gatherings.
Programs and Activities
- Books, Magazines, and Puzzles in all common areas jigsaw puzzle station in the Activity room for those interested in this type of puzzle.
- Crafts such as crocheting
- Activities such as Cooking groups, History Classes, Educational seminars on pertinent health issues, Board Games, family parties at National Nursing Home Week and Christmas time, Wii gaming system
- Holiday celebrations such as New Year’s Eve parties, Football tournaments and contests, Valentine’s Day King and Queen fundraiser, with funds going toward the needs of our community members, St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco De Mayo, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving feast, Christmas, Lady’s Pamper Time, Men’s Club coffee and news time
- Outings to special events, such as the State Fair
- Religious Services
- Bible Study
- Live concerts for special events
White Oak of Newberry
2555 Kinard St.
Newberry, SC 29108-2942